Verizon began rolling out its Advanced Calling service earlier this week, enabling voice over LTE (VoLTE) capabilities for select devices that support the service, which includes the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus.
Numerous iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users are reporting that the VoLTE service is now functional, allowing Verizon iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users to use simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the first time when connected to a 4G LTE or Wi-Fi network. MacRumors has confirmed that VoLTE is indeed working, enabling users to browse the web or access apps while on a voice call.
In addition to enabling simultaneous voice and data, Verizon’s Advanced Calling features also allow for High-Definition voice calls, which are said to be more “natural-sounding” and Verizon-branded video calls.
Advanced Calling 1.0, a first-generation service suite enabled by Voice over LTE, or VoLTE, technology, is now available on America’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE network with XLTE. With Advanced Calling 1.0, there is a clear difference. You will be able to enjoy natural-sounding High-Definition (HD) Voice and a Video Calling experience that’s as simple as making a traditional voice call.
Users can enabled Advanced Calling features by visiting the Verizon website and adding the feature to their accounts. Users also need to make sure both Voice and Data are turned on in the iPhone’s Settings app. Go to Settings –> Cellular –> Enable LTE –> Tap Voice & Data.
Verizon’s Advanced Calling features are limited to the iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 Plus, the LG G2, and the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Buyer’s Guide: List of Cases for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Apple Utilizing Own Content Delivery Network to Help Deliver iOS 8 Update
• Health Record Providers Cerner and Athenahealth Developing HealthKit Apps
• Apple Engineers in ‘War Room’ Tracking Down iOS 8 Issues on Social Media
• Apple Watch Likely Uses BCM4334 Broadcom Wi-Fi Chip
• Apple Receives One Out of Two Licenses Needed to Begin iPhone 6 Sales in China
• Apple Updates iMovie and Numbers for iOS 8 [Update: iMovie Returns]
• Apple TV Updated With Beats Music Channel, Revamped Design, iOS 8 Feature Support